NOW HIRING Social Media Assistant – Student Aide
March 10, 2011
Position Description: Social Media Assistant – Student Aide
Department: Alumni Relations (may be expanded to include extra hours with Foundation office)
Job Title: Social Media Assistant • Classification: Student Aide
Job Description: Assist the LSSU Alumni Association (LSSUAA) in maintaining social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Work with Alumni Director to plan, develop and execute an array of strategically sound online marketing principles to create affinity with donors and alumni in order to enhance engagement of these audiences. Work will include the daily tasks of creating and updating new content to social media accounts in the form of video, blogs, messaging, links, photos, etc.
- Using a variety of channels, research and write/produce news-worthy content for LSSUAA social media accounts
- Upload content and manage responses to all LSSUAA social media accounts
- Build and increase visibility, membership, and traffic across all LSSUAA social media accounts
- Track and evaluate all online traffic related to projects
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications, and appropriately apply this knowledge to LSSUAA social media accounts
- Work collaboratively with LSSU Alumni Director and Public Relations Director to ensure a consistent web presence of news-worthy information
- Daily and weekly monitoring of all internal and external social networking and giving sites. Includes listening to client conversations, responding when necessary to client feedback and writing, editing and posting content/photos to the sites.
- Utilize social media as a voice of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to market key themes/messages that reflect the Annual Fund and Alumni Relations’ programs, events and services.
- Complete all work in alignment with LSSU’s Social Media Policy and LSSU branding.
- Create and furnish regular bi-weekly reports of project status, website statistics and other information as required.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Experience – the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Social media tools and techniques
- Marketing (traditional, new media, guerilla and ‘word of mouth’)
- Actively participate in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, social bookmarking, chat forums, commenting, messaging, links, etc.
- Skills / Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong track record of meeting deadlines
- Proficient use of MS Office software
- Very creative
- Willingness to learn
- Work well independently
- Sense of pride and excitement about LSSU
- Well-plugged into the LSSU community
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Hourly Pay Rate/Range: $7.40 per hour
Does This Position Require Federal Work Study? No
Days and Time Needed: Flexible
Alumni Relations Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Hours per Week: 15 hours
How to Apply: Print & complete application available here and send it with a cover letter & resume to
650 W Easterday Ave
Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
Or attach all components and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be contacted if selected for an interview.