Ken Shouldice Achievement Award
- Williams is a magna cum laude graduate with a B.A. in English from LSSU who also earned a Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
- She is the former executive director of the Michigan Education Special Services Association (MESSA)
- She retired in 2016 after 16 years with the organization, which was founded in 1960 and is the largest provider network in Michigan.
- She served on the LSSU Foundation Board of Directors in 2011 completing her term that including service on the Prospect Development Committee in 2019.
- She also is a member of the Planning Commission of the City of East Lansing and was a member of the Michigan Children’s Trust Fund Board of Directors from 2009 to 2012.
- Williams was appointed to LSSU’s Board of Trustees to a term that runs from July 10, 2020, to Jan. 27, 2028.