2021 – Cynthia Williams ’76
- Williams is a magna cum laude graduate with a B.A. in English from LSSU who also earned a Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
- She is the former executive director of the Michigan Education Special Services Association (MESSA)
- She retired in 2016 after 16 years with the organization, which was founded in 1960 and is the largest provider network in Michigan.
- She served on the LSSU Foundation Board of Directors in 2011 completing her term that including service on the Prospect Development Committee in 2019.
- She also is a member of the Planning Commission of the City of East Lansing and was a member of the Michigan Children’s Trust Fund Board of Directors from 2009 to 2012.
- Williams was appointed to LSSU’s Board of Trustees to a term that runs from July 10, 2020, to Jan. 27, 2028.
2019 – Wendy (Menard) James ’74
- CEO of The Better World Group
- Has built and managed coalitions that were successful in numerous initiatives such as saving and strengthening California’s zero emission vehicle standards; plastic bag ban in California; implementing the state’s groundbreaking low carbon fuel standard; building nearly 30 state-of-the art playgrounds, designed to serve children 5 and under, in some of the most park-poor communities in the country located in Southeast Los Angeles; and building community gardens across Los Angeles County, serving disadvantaged communities.
- Accredited in public relations by the Public Relations Society of America and is a member of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians.
- Throughout her career, Wendy has served in leadership roles on countless nonprofit Boards including a Founding Board Member of the Sault Tribe (Chippewa) Business Alliance.